Massage in the modern world has become a popular way to spend some of our disposable income. What better way to spend your time than on a session of complete relaxation. As a massage therapist myself I frequently see the benefits massage has on the client. This is the reward of being a therapist; knowing your touch has created a lasting impression on the client and sending them home happy and relaxed.
But what are these benefits? Most of the benefits take place within the bodily systems but there are two areas affected: The Mind and The Muscles.
Below I have listed twenty benefits of massage therapy. These benefits can be experienced after just one treatment but the more massage you have, the stronger the benefits.
- Pain relief
- Reduction in anxiety
- Reduction in heart rate and blood pressure
- Reduction in depression
- Increased circulation
- Reduction in stress levels
- Boosts immunity
- Relaxes muscles
- Relaxes mind (parasympathetic nervous system activated)
- Flushes toxins by draining lymph
- Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles
- Increases body awareness
- Increases serotonin levels (important for a healthy mind)
- Increases endorphins
- Increases mental alertness
- Increases joint mobility and flexibility
- Relief of many common symptoms such as headaches and backaches
- Improved quality of sleep (especially when using essential oils)
- Increased bodily healing
- Increased organ functionality
Now you have all the reasons you need to book yourself in for a treatment!